was how much work and how hectic the first day (really week) is. I think that is why God gave us selective memory because any teacher who could remember from year to year the craziness would never return. But seriously, who really remembers how long the first few days are. For example, a recap of my day.
We started off great this morning using some cool new technology and worked up to gym time (aka my planning time). God bless the person who invented planning time! It is a much need time to regroup and regain one's sanity. We then worked some more before lunch. Finally it was time for lunch (after the 100th time of someone telling me they are hungry). We walk to lunch and of course half the kids don't like the food (which is a bit shady) but I tell them to eat or be hungry. So some decide to eat while the others opt to play outside in 1000 degree heat. Oh well. After they play we trudge back to our room for the remaining 2 hours of the day. I thought it would never end. Finally it was time for the bus. Thank heavens because we were all exhausted and ready for home.
Too bad I didn't leave till 5. Ugg...back to the grindstone again tomorrow. How many more days till Labor Day?
Monday, August 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. --Helen Keller









7 comments:
You will be a great mother one day--eat it or be hungry! that is what i tell the boys all the time! :)
You made it through your first day! Yea! Are you still going to have 8 students?
You can do it Abbey- hang in there. Just remember how nice it is to know you are making a difference in a child's life. :)
H
13 school days to Labor Day - not including today
17 full days to Labor Day - not including today
Hey did you really expect me NOT to look that up?
J
You're nothing if not predictable J- see, it goes both ways!
H
Thanks guys for making me feel better. Today was not as bad. I'm just ready for cooler weather and better cafeteria food!
Pretty sad when the cafeteria food on the first day of school is bad! Are they just leaving room for improvement?
Hope its getting better Abbey (the food and the insanity of a new school year)!
H
Institutional food is always sketchy at best. Hope it gets better!
I'm a friend of Justin's, and thought I'd check out your blog and say hello. :-)
Post a Comment