
My friend Traci did this and I found it powerful so I decided to do it too. Go to this website to honor one of the many heros of 9/11.
I am honoring Alfonse J. Niedermeyer, age 40, who died at the World Trade Center. His hometown was Manasquan, N.J. While I never met him and know nothing about his family, friends or town I still feel connected.
I will never forget waking up to the horrible news of the day and vividly remember praying for the vicitms, thier families, the police and firemen, basically for everyone. I was relieved my sister had left New York just weeks before. While I knew she was safe, many of her friends did not. I answered several calls from them inquiring about her safety because they could not get through to her New York number. It brought home how hard it must have been for those friends and family to simply not know the whereabouts or safety of thier loved ones.
So this is for Alfonse and the thousands of other victims. May you rest safely in the arms of God and know we will never forget.









2 comments:
That's so nice that you can do that Abbey- we'll have to check out the website.
I was commuting to Levelland that morning to go to nursing school and that's all we talked about that day. The next day at clinicals all of the nurses' stations had found TV's from somewhere and were watching the news. I don't know if it will ever seem real to people like me who didn't personally feel a loss and have never been to New York. It just seems like a bad dream, or a movie. God bless everyone who truly was affected by this tragedy.
H
I'm so glad that you did this. That was such a painful day and I know that many are still hurting. While I was researching my guy for his official tribute on 911, it just brought up so much anger and fear, still.
On a lighter note, I love your blog and the fact that we can connect and see what's happening in each other's lives! :)
Post a Comment