So after reading Holly's blog and going though my day I decided to post one of my biggest pet peeves. I cannot tolerate bad drivers and we seem to have an abundance of them in Dallas. My husband (Joel) blames it on the fact that we are not required to take drivers ed to get a license. While this is probably partly true another reason is that people are talking on their phones.
You can spot these people a mile away because they are doing one of the following things. Either they are driving 20 miles below the speed limit (usually in the "fast" lane), cutting people off because they aren't looking in their blind spot, or they are crossing 4 lanes of traffic to get to the exit they have been warned about miles in advance. I also love the people who drive in an exit only lane until the last possible second and then decide they don't want to exit. However, all of these considered, I think the worst one is when three cars are driving beside each other (under the speed limit) and prevent anyone from passing. That takes the cake.
Maybe we ought to seriously consider banning phones while driving. Food for thought.
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. --Helen Keller









6 comments:
We totally agree Abbey! You missed a sure sign of someone driving with a cell phone though: swerving in the lane. Are they going to change lanes? Are they drunk? NO! They are on their cell phone! I hear ya, girl.
How has the rest of the week been?
H
Or the other tale tale sign of constant brake tapping when NO ONE ELSE IS BRAKING. Are you kidding me? If you can't pay attention and drive and talk, then don't. I think we should have an endorsement process, like CDL or corrective lenses, whereby you can talk on your phone it you take a test and pass a driving on the phone practical exam.
J
Great idea Justin! And you are both right about the signs I missed. Both actually happened to me on the way home. That and someone illegally turning left from a lane you can't turn left in!
The rest of my week has been fine. I survived and am so happy it's Friday!
Yea for Friday (and Saturday, since its Saturday now!) When are you guys free for dinner? We are free this Tuesday or Wednesday if that works for you.
H
Either day works for us for dinner. Let's plan on Wednesday since that will help the week pass faster! I'll call you to set up details. Can't wait to see you and catch up.
For the record, back in the day we WERE required to take drivers ed! Not that it helped any. Yes, the drivers are crazy around here... and not as nice as they should be! I think it is all the Yankees that have infiltrated the area... (Not Joel of course) :)
Cool blog, Abbey!
Post a Comment