Working in Deaf education is always an adventure because we usually have various hearing losses in the same class. For example, this year I have eight kids. Two have fairly good speech, four have cochlear implants and two are pretty deaf. Given these factors you always get interesting interpretations of words and sounds. This is where my title comes from.
One of my little implant girls constantly calls me "momma" when she wants my attention. I respond with "I'm not your momma." She laughs and corrects herself but can't seem to remember my name. It is a constant battle that doesn't bother me....I just think it's funny.
It could be worse...one of the teachers is fondly referred to as Mrs. Cracker! (Love you Rebekah!)
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. --Helen Keller









4 comments:
That's great! Good to keep a sense of humor about it, because that could get on your nerves real fast! How in the world did Rebekah become Mrs. Cracker?!
H
Mrs. Craker? That's halarious. That's it, no more Abba Dabby Ding Dong, Momma it is!
J
Oh, geez. Look what you've started Abbey!
H
Her last name is Craddock and it just comes out Cracker by most kids. I'm sorry now I mentioned the momma thing Justin. :)
Post a Comment