As you know we took a road trip to La Jolla this weekend for our friends Dave and Hilary's wedding. I'll post more about the trip later but wanted to share our "What the Heck?" moment in honor of Justin and his love for odd signs.
We flew into Orange County (Santa Ana) and had a drive to La Jolla down Hwy 5. We started with the senic route (Hwy 1) down to Laguna Beach and then proceded to Hwy 5 to save time. We are driving along when Joel spots and unusual sign along the highway. No one else saw it but we all pondered his description. Upon arriving in La Jolla we found several t-shirts depicting the same sign (thus the picture).

I will leave it to you to ponder it's meaning. We never found out the actual need for the sign but would welcome anyone who knows about it to comment. And they say nothing fun ever happens on vacation!!









5 comments:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050410/news_1n10signs.html
After a quick google I came up with this. Is says it is about the signs: "Caltrans posted several of these signs along San Diego freeways beginning in 1990, when the city was a funnel for undocumented immigrants headed north. The signs were intended to warn drivers they might encounter people frantically darting across lanes of traffic as they tried to evade border security."
Seems several people were killed so they came up with a sign.
How odd...
J
We figured it had something to do with illegal immigrants but it was way more fun to make stuff up in our head as to why such a sign exists!
Leave it to Justin to take the mystery out of it. I figured it was the new "crosswalk" sign, as drivers are more caught up in talking on their cell phones or putting on make-up or reading their newspaper or eating than they are in actually being safe drivers!
H
I didn't mean to take the fun out of it. I thought it was a legit question. I think making up for the sign would be fun as well.
gosh...
J
So do you think they all go to where the sign is to "frantically dart across traffic"? Kind of like a crosswalk for illegals.
Post a Comment