Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What a week....and weekend

It has already been a rough week (and it's only Tuesday!!!) On a positive note, it can only get better from here.

If you read Aimee's blog you know that I was home this weekend and got to see her. I had a great visit at home. I went for two reasons. One, my great-great aunt Louisa had a 100th birthday party. How many times do you get to go to a party for a 100 year old? Not many, so I was excited to attend. She was funny because she insisted that it was NOT her birthday. Who can argue with a 100 year old person? I wasn't going to! Second reason was a bridal shower for my little sister. Hard to believe her wedding is in three weeks! She had a great shower and got lots of cool things.

While I was home I looked through some old pictures and thought I'd post some of them. Look closely for Holly and Aimee in them. Hope you enjoy!

This is from October of 1985 (I'm guessing on a Sunday). We were having a party for our Cabbage Patch Kids! Great memories.

This was in 5th grade (1989). We were celebrating a "promotion" in Girl Scouts. I'm sporting quite the hair do!!!

This is me and Casey (Aimee's twin brother) in my great-aunt Sarah's Sunday school class. It was 1985 and I have no idea what we were doing!

4 comments:

H Noble said...

Glad you had a great time Abbey- but please! Our Girl Scouts picture?!
H

Abbey said...

H--It could be worse. I picked the better picture!!! I also have a great one of you, me, and Amanda from 8th grade when we went to the hight school and had our picture taken at the cafeteria. We are decked out in Rocky Mountains and everything! (I know you remeber that!)

aimee said...

What was Casey doing??? Hilarious! I remember those yellow chairs...

What a trip down memory lane.

H Noble said...

Of course I remember the Rockies picture- we were hot!
H

Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. --Helen Keller