Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 03, 2008

The best....

I have the best husband EVER!!! Check out what he sent me this week just because he loves me and wanted to brighten my day.


This is what was accomplished on the house this week. We have a sidewalk and stained cabinets!! No more tip-toeing through the mud to get in. Wahoo!!! Hopefully they will install the granite and other countertops this week. I'll let you know soon.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The flowers your husband sent are so "blossomy". They remind me of the time I was baby sitting the neighborhood kids and they were running all over the place, being wild. So I told them all to go outside and plant flowers, see, because I figured that...it would be educational for them, to see how, you know, the root systems...and also the sense of responsibility, taking care of things, being individually responsible. You know what I mean? And the flowers all died. They were just like the ones Joel bought. I don't know why they died, they just died. Something wrong with the soil possibly or maybe the stuff I got from the nursery wasn't the best. I complained about it. So I’ve got thirteen kids there, each kid had his or her own little brown, dead sticks. It was depressing.

It wouldn't have been so bad except that just a couple of weeks before, there was the thing with the cats. But I think that the cats--well, the reason that the cats kicked off was that...you remember, my heater was shut off for four weeks because of those unpaid bills, and that was explicable. It was something you could explain to the kids because of me being out of work and all. But the flowers, how can you explain them?

Don't get me started on the puppy. How was I to know that you shouldn't tie his lips together with bailing wire.....just another "life lesson" I suppose.

Anyway, I'm sure your flowers will live forever.

H Noble said...

Who in the world was that??

Anyway, its looking great- love the cabinets! And way to go Joel! Beautiful flowers!
H

Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. --Helen Keller