Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's called "Special Events"

You may remember this time from last year when we did the National Parks. This year we are celebrating and learning about India. I'm missing final day because of a doctors appointment but I'll still share the pictures with you. When I get pics of the kids dressed up I'll share those too! Keep in mind the pictures don't begin to do it justice.

Here is what the front hallway looks like.


And now for close up shots...the elephants.

A home in India with a well to the left (a.k.a. the water fountain!)

An open air market with tons of food

The Festival of Color

Information and map about India

The Welcome

Indian art

A Temple

The Jungle

Worshiping in India

Gifts to a god

The Taj Mahal

The animals of India...this was the second grade part and the parents and kids did an awesome job!





The Ganges River


The Himalayas

And finally...Bollywood

4 comments:

H Noble said...

That is amazing! The talent and work put into that is just overwhelming!
H

Anonymous said...

You Americans have it so easy...you just snap your fingers and girls are interested in you.

Anonymous said...

Abbey, I don't know if you knew this already, but my Time Warner Cable service representative is from India. His name is Pa Poo. His is a nice man. He leaves me on hold for only 2 to 3 hours at a time. He replaced my sister in law who has 3 kids (her job was outsourced). Now she is a crawdad fisherman. She get 9 cents for every crawdad she catches. Pa Poo on the otherhand get $19.50/hr of which $7 goes to fund islamic terrorism. I love India. I hope to visit there sometime...in the Enola Gay.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if schools in India celebrate American week or if they are learning about things like math instead?

Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. --Helen Keller