This week they are supposed to install the carpet and hardwoods, install the lighting, install the doggie door, install sod and do a few other minor things (like a mantel over the fireplace). After that it is all touch up work, cleaning and landscaping (which we are doing ourselves later). Yeah for an almost finished project. What will I blog about then???
Here is the dining room.
Here is the sink in the half bath.
Here is the wall in the master bedroom.
Here is the tub in the master bath. I'm super excited it is not white and will not show dirt as badly!
Here are the kitchen cabinets, the backsplash, and the granite. It looks awesome!!
Here is the banister for the stairs to the media room. We are pleased with how it turned out. Kudos to our builder for picking it.
Here is the guest bath. You can see the fixtures we've used in the house.
Here is the bar area upstairs.
And finally the front door!









7 comments:
Looks great Abbey! I am still working on your album. Hopefully I can get done by the time your house is finished if not a few days after! :)
Wow! That is so exciting!!! Less than a month away, and I know you can't wait. I love the kitchen and your front door is gorgeous!
H
Hooray! it all looks so great--love the colors that you picked! Doug and i looked at paint colors this weekend for the house...what an ordeal :-) Sorry we didn't get to chat this weekend, but we'll talk soon. love you, mindy
After much deliberation and prayerful thought, I have decided to take issue with your "colored" tub remark. My father is 78 and has always had a "white" tub. I, too, have always had a white tub. My grand pappy, Thomas, has always had a white tub. Aunt Edna? White tub. Uncle Ernie..the one with the limp...white tub. White tub, white tub, white tub. We all have them. So what's so bad about a white tub? Nothing!.....except that disgusting brown ring which can be paralleled only by our undies.
A few comments:
1. Granite and backsplace in kitchen look really good.
2. You should have the painter fill in the gap where the two pieces of crown molding meet in your bedroom. Trust me, if you can see it in the pic now it will only get worse. Easy fix for him.
3. Is the bar area in the media room? You may want to go with a darker color for the cabinets, if so.
4. I agree with the previous poster that brown undies are disgusting.
Thanks everyone for the comments.
Aimee--I was actually thinking about the album the other day wondering how it was coming. No hurry, as it will be one more thing to move.
Holly---I can't wait for you, Justin and Eli to come see it in person!
Mindy---Joel said that Doug's presence is needed over spring break to trim trees! Also, I meant to call you this weekend but talked to mom for over an hour!
Anonymous---We will check out the molding in the bedroom. As far as the cabinets, yes they are in the media room and they will probably be staying white as the wood in paint grade (yes we are cheap!).
Well if your bathtub couldn't be white, we're glad your cabinet is.
Post a Comment