I finally have freedom!! No more early mornings to rush to work and no more children to entertain! It is a fantastic feeling. I find it fitting that school ends before Memorial Day (one of the many times we celebrate our freedom).
Today, however, I heard a disturbing conversation between a mother and her 4 yr old son at Chick-Fil-A.
It went like this:
Child: "Mom, what does that say?"
Mother: "Memorial Day"
Child: "What is that?"
Mother (asking her husband): "Is that when we celebrate veterans?"
I'm sorry but if you don't know what memorial day is about maybe you need your citizenship revoked. I take great pride in honoring those men and women who have defended my rights as an American. I would never dream of not knowing the National holidays we have for doing so.
So, this holiday weekend, take a moment to give thanks to all the people (past, present and future) who fight for our freedom. It's the least we can do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. --Helen Keller









1 comment:
That is appalling! And oh, so sad! That says that the child is not being taught such important things either.
Hope you were able to enjoy your weekend.
H
Post a Comment