I just received news that a wonderful woman has now joined the angels of heaven. My great aunt Louisa, who was 100, has finally met her maker. Although I am sad, I am finding it much easier to focus on the many memories I have of her. She lived a long, happy life and touched many people.
As a child, we would go have Girl Scout day camp in the pasture down from her house. You could always guarantee that she would make an appearance. Aunt Louisa was also very crafty and had a special room in her house full (and I mean FULL) of various craft items. I learned a lot from Aunt Louisa and will always carry these things with me.
So I find it hard to be sad for she is in a much better place. After all, her passing also adds one more person in heaven to watch over me!
Thursday, June 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. --Helen Keller









3 comments:
Oh, I had no idea. I am sad that she is gone, but oh my, what a life she led!! 100 years! Wow.
I understand your feelings on that- and she did have a full life. There will be rejoicing in heaven!
H
I remember Girl Scout daycamp at her farm. She was a great lady and had a big impact on our town.
Post a Comment