Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 08, 2006

My day off....and weekend

I had Friday off because it was our state fair day. I never knew schools took a day off for the fair until I moved to Dallas. I made the mistake of going one year on the same day the kids have their tickets for. Never again will I do that!!! Not a way to spend a relaxing day off. Needless to say, I don't enjoy the fair. I know several of you will disagree with me but I'm tainted by the fact I have to go with the kids on a field trip every year. Chasing and corralling deaf children will taint your experience greatly!

So what did I do instead on my day off you ask? I spent the better part of Friday driving around looking for the scrapbooking magazine that Aimee got published in. Oh, the things I'll do for friendship! (Just kidding Aims!) I needed to run errands anyway and decided to combine the trips. First I went to Hobby Lobby to get some scrapbooking stuff for my neice's Christmas gifts and didn't find the magazine. So I scooted across the street to Target in hopes they would have it. Of course not, because that would be too easy. By this time I needed to head towards Frisco and my hair appointment so I went to the mall. (Sidenote: I hate the mall in Frisco b/c they are doing construction all around it and traffic is a nightmare!) I went to Barnes and Noble and still did not find the mag. I stopped at J.C. Penny's to look for something for Joni's wedding but left empty handed. I then went to eat and to my hair appointment. Afterwards, I stopped at Jo-Ann's (thinking a craft store would carry the magazine) but no luck. I decided to make one final stop at the scrapbooking store down from Jo-Ann's. Eureka!!! I finally found the magazine. I bought it and came home to read it. I'm so proud of Aimee's layout and only wish I were half as creative with my scrapbooks! Maybe I need some lessons from her.....

The rest of my weekend was spent having a fabulous party at the Dinner Station with some girlfriends, watching Buckeye football (Go Bucks!!), working on the girls' Texas trip scrapbooks, church and lesson plans. It was a great 3 day weekend. Too bad it's back to the grindstone!

3 comments:

aimee said...

Thanks Abbey! For looking for it, for the nice compliment, for being a greatfriend!

H Noble said...

Glad you enjoyed your day off. Isn't it fabulous to have a four day week! Its just as fun when you're an adult as when you're a kid getting a day off of school, to me anyway.
H

TreyJ said...

Nice to know that traffic is still crummy by the mall in Frisco. I haven't been out that way in a couple of years and it was awful then.

Good post! :)

Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. --Helen Keller