this weekend. It was nice because we had a weekend with just the two of us and tons of time to spend together (it's been a while since this has happened). I can honestly say it was a fantastic weekend and I didn't do anything exciting. In the course of spending time with Joel I learned (or confirmed) the following things.
1. While he is a big Buckeye fan, he is not the craziest or the nuttiest one out there! We went to watch the game this weekend at the OSU alumni party. Talk about some obsessed fans! I usually don't go to these things but decided to since he would be alone and I had nothing else to do. I'm glad I went and got to spend time with him. It also helped they won the game!
2. He is really great around kids. We went to see one of our friends new baby, Taylor. She is precious! While I was holding her, Joel was entertaining Ryan. It was fun to see. I've know he is good with kids (toddlers especially) but it's always nice to reconfirm.
3. He wants to take care of me. For example, he gave me the best route to go to the courthouse for jury duty. It's a small thing but I appreciated it b/c then I could sleep in longer!
4. He loves me unconditionally more than I could put into words. We had some real conversations this weekend and I've never felt more loved or at peace than when I'm with him.
5. He is excited we are spending Christmas here in McKinney (even though we were supposed to go to Ohio). He is even excited my family is going to join us! Me too! I only wish that his mom could come too.
I'm sure there are lots more things I could list. But for now this will do. I just want everyone to know how special Joel is and how much I love him! I love you Joel!!
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. --Helen Keller









5 comments:
And all this time I just thought he was Dalton?
Justin, she's trying to be serious!
Abbey, I'm glad to hear your list. Its always nice to reflect on how much you love your spouse. I try to do that when he's annoying me or I'm having negative thoughts. Just think of the good things, and the bad is swept away!
Glad you guys had a good weekend.
H
Just for the record, Dalton is a pretty incredible guy too!
Dalton is an outstanding guy. I have never enjoyed magic so much!
J
Wow. If we go back and the magician is there, I might have to leave. Dalton did handle it well.
H
Post a Comment