I am exhausted but I survived the annual trip to the fair today with the kids. There is nothing like corralling deaf children and adults in large crowds at the fair. I felt like I spent all day counting to seven (the number of my kids) and yelling at them to pay attention where they were going and mind their manners.
One of my boys kept wandering off and so about the fifteenth time it happened I finally told him, "Fine! Go off again. I don't care. But when you get lost and the policemen try to call me I'm not going to answer my phone. You will just have to stay here and be lost!" He really pondered this and didn't leave the group again! I love little white lies to the kids....makes them wonder when you are serious. All in all we had fun and covered a lot of ground (highlights included Big Tex talking, the huge cow "Peter the Great" and lunch with Texas shaped nachos!). I remember now why this is a once a year occasion for me!

One of my boys kept wandering off and so about the fifteenth time it happened I finally told him, "Fine! Go off again. I don't care. But when you get lost and the policemen try to call me I'm not going to answer my phone. You will just have to stay here and be lost!" He really pondered this and didn't leave the group again! I love little white lies to the kids....makes them wonder when you are serious. All in all we had fun and covered a lot of ground (highlights included Big Tex talking, the huge cow "Peter the Great" and lunch with Texas shaped nachos!). I remember now why this is a once a year occasion for me!
Now we are off to Amarillo for the big wedding. We will be back Sunday so I'll post details then. Have a great weekend!









2 comments:
Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you before the wedding! Hope it all goes smoothly and that its quite the shindig!
We are happy for them and wish them all the best.
H
Wish Joni congrats for me!
Post a Comment