First, Joel did make it home and is feeling great so far. We were blessed to be able to go to my parents house for Thanksgiving. We were even further blessed by snow in the Panhandle! It was cold but fun to see our first snow of the season. Rumor has it we will be in for more at Christmas in Ohio!
The week after Thanksgiving, we celebrated my 30th birthday! It started with a party at school (Thanks Rebekah!!) and continued into the weekend. We had a party at a winery close to the new house. It was so much fun to see all our friends and hang out. My parents came down which was so nice. My mom saved the day by helping with and cleaning up the food. Thanks mom!! I had an amazing time, ate some fantastic cake and enjoyed all the fabulous conversations. So far the big 3-0 is treating me well.
As far as the house, the progress is continuing. Since the last post, they have dry walled and textured, hung the interior doors, buried the septic and propane tanks, hung the garage doors, and leveled the land. We even have a mailbox and house number!They are supposed to paint and do baseboards/crown molding in the next two weeks. After Christmas we will be about 6 weeks from moving in. Crazy but very exciting.
Finally, we got to take the kids to see the signing Santa this last week. It is always so much fun to see their faces light up when they realize Santa can understand what they want for Christmas. I love going!!
Have a great week and finish that Christmas shopping! It's here before you know it!









3 comments:
Lots of news and updates! The house is so exciting, and I know you can't wait for every new phase-yea! And that is so cool that there is a signing Santa. I had no idea, but that's awesome!
H
I swear your title said Singing Santa. I was all geared up for a great story about a Santa singing his heart out on some Friona street corner. Alas is be not so...
Justin
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....some pantaloons.
Post a Comment