The house is coming along nicely (minus the brick fiasco). We were out there today with our friends Henri and Allison. They have finished the electrical, the plumbing, the HVAC, and have started bricking. They have also installed both fireplaces. This week they will start drywall (hopefully!) and will finish bricking. They have also laid the path for the driveway so hopefully that will get poured this week.
Here is one of two HVAC units
Here is the shingled roof.
And the frame for the driveway.
The beginnings of the bricking process.
Margo hanging out on one of the brick pallets.
As mentioned previously, work included several field trips in October. We went to the pumpkin patch (which I have no pics of because I forgot my camera!), the fair, and Old City park. As you can tell from the pics the kids had a blast.
This weekend I helped host a baby shower for Holly. It was so much fun to see her and her belly! Even better was the fact Aimee got to come down from OK for it! It was fun to see her and catch up. Hopefully Holly (or in reality Justin) will post some pictures on her blog so you can see the fun we had. It was nice to have a reminder that this road we have been on will be worth it all in the end. Thanks Holly!
That seems to be all from our corner of the world. I will try to to be better about updates because I know you are all anxious to see the progress on the house (or at least you pretend like it!)









2 comments:
Great house progress! I think we must have missed the brick fiasco story though.
Glad you survived your field trip marathon too! Cute kids!
I had such a wonderful time at the shower, Abbey. You guys did a fantastic job and it was beautiful!! Thank you!! And it is all worth it!
Holly
Your mention of the brick fiasco reminds me of a rather silly anecdote that I recall from college. I was ironing my trousers when the phone rang....and you guessed it...I answered the iron. I had a triangle shaped tan on the side of my head for weeks. Oh...and I almost forgot the best part....I tinkled in my pantalones!!!
- Captain Jenkins
Post a Comment