Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 17, 2006

Go Bucks!!!

In case you have been living in a hole and don't know, it's Ohio State/Michigan weekend. We are going to the 10th annual Peteyfest at our friend's house (named after their cat). It is yet another tradition I married into. In honor of the big game I thought I'd share a little diddy with you all. Here goes:

Twas two nights before the Game,
And from High Street to the Shoe,
Not a cat was sleeping,
Even Stella was screaming Screw Blue.
The banners were hung by the flagpoles with care
In hopes that St. Troy would find Ginn and Gonzalez through the air.
Drunken and crazy and tossing in their beds,
While visions of touchdowns danced through their heads.
When all of the sudden there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the keg to see what was the matter.
When there in the sky, in a bright shiny sleigh,
Was Woody Hayes decked out in the scarlet and gray.
He looked to the crowd that was gathered around,
And said that he heard The Game was in town.
I came here to watch it, and wish you good luck.
Though it's not like you need it, cause Michigan Still Sucks!

Just thought I'd honor my fabulous hubby's love for the Buckeyes! Let's hope all goes well!

Update: After a thrilling victory over Michigan, we are on our way to the National Championship Game. We bought plane tickets tonight and hopefully can get some game tickets for a reasonable amount. O-H-I-O! Go bucks!

3 comments:

H Noble said...

Wow, Abbey. I honestly never saw you becoming this madwoman!! :)
Hope you guys have fun and do get cheap tickets.
H

Abbey said...

Well, I can't take credit for the poem....but I am looking forward to the game. It should be fun!

Anonymous said...

That's a sweet poem. PeteyFest sounds like a great party

Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. --Helen Keller