Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 10, 2009

M.I.A.

Yes, I know it's been a really long time. And yes, I know you all have missed me. And yes, I even realize it appeared as though we dropped off the face of the earth. All of that being said, December was super busy for me at work and then all of a sudden it was January! I can only promise to do better in 2009.

There is so much to update you on so I will probably break it into several posts. Here we go for the remainder of November. For Thanksgiving we went to Ohio to see Joel's family. It was cold (by Texas standards) but not snowing. It was MUCH colder there for Christmas and we were glad we had already been! We had a great trip.

We flew into Columbus on Tuesday. After we landed and walked through security, I realized that I might have a tiny problem. You see as we were walking, we met a really big guy. I wasn't really paying attention, but Joel did a double take and then said, "I think that is James Laurinaitis." I stopped and looked and sure enough...it was James (For those of you who don't know, he plays on defense for the Buckeyes. I also happen to own his jersey). That is when I realized I might have a problem, because I considered approaching him and getting a picture. In fact, I would have if he wasn't approaching security to get to his plane. I should have stopped him, it would have been a great addition to the game room!

We enjoyed Joel's family for Thanksgiving and ate too much! We came back home on Saturday and headed back to work on Monday! Just in time for my birthday. The big 3-1 was uneventful but I did get a trip to go see my college roommate and her family in WA state! I'm very excited to plan the trip but am waiting to see how things play out in February. I can't wait to see her!! That will be a post for sure as we are talking about spending time in Seattle and going up to Vancouver. Fun stuff!

That's it for now. I'll update December in the next post! Have a great week and a blessed 2009!

2 comments:

H Noble said...

So glad you're back! I missed you!!! Sorry we didn't get together at Christmas, but our trip there was cut short unexpectedly.

Anxiously awaiting the next segment...

Anonymous said...

If you ever see James Laurinaitis and also a guy named Flipper....ask yourself "I wonder which one of these two guys likes Dolphins the most!" You'd say the answer is Flipper, right? But your wrong. It's James Laurinaitis.

Billy Baggy Britches, WR, Utah St.

Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. --Helen Keller