Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Catching Up

So it is hard to believe that July is already here and almost half way over. We are leaving tomorrow for a much needed vacation to Cabo. I can't wait!! I did want to post briefly on what has happened over the last couple of weeks.

First, check out the beautiful flowers Joel sent me for our anniversary. They are my favorite and lasted for almost two weeks. I loved them.


Secondly, I went home over the 4th of July to a family reunion. We were celebrating the 100 year anniversary of the Reeve family coming to Texas. You may remember two years ago we celebrated the 100 year anniversary of the Schlenker family. I love that my family roots run so deep and that we still get together to celebrate it. What I didn't love were the numerous comments made at the expense of our infertility. Many were from people who had no idea about our struggles but some were from knowing individuals. It made for a lot of biting my tongue but I believe it has helped me become a more forgiving person. That said, there are some times when people should just keep their mouths shut!

Finally, as I mentioned before, we are on our way to Cabo tomorrow. I can't wait to soak up the sun, relax and actually spend time/see my husband. I promise pictures when we return!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abbey- Funny that you guys are going to Cabo. Did I ever tell you about the time I went to Cabo and met a mysterious old stranger? He said he was about to die and wanted to tell someone about the treasure. I said "OK, as long as it's not a long story. Some of us have a plane to catch, you know." He started telling his story, about the treasure and his life and all, and I thought: 'This story isn't too long.' But then, he kept going, and I started thinking, 'Uh-oh, this story is getting long.' But then the story was over, and I said to myself: 'You know, that story wasn't too long after all.' I forget what the story was about, but there was a good movie on the plane. It was a little long, though. Finally, I arrived home only to find some sort of strange odor in my pantaloons.

-Billy Baggy Britches

H Noble said...

Beautiful flowers! Those are my favorite too, which you probably saw at my birthday party.

Glad you got to enjoy the reunion, and so sorry about the comments. Remember that people generally mean well, send a prayer up to God, and move on. There's nothing else you can do about those situations without just telling them to shut up, and we certainly shouldn't be that kind of witness! :)

Have a great time on your trip!
H

JNoble said...

Ok Billy Baggy Britches is hilarious....

Second, was their a parade down main street????

Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. --Helen Keller