Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Odds and Ends

We are back and there is so much to catch up on. I feel as though we were gone a month.

First, on a sad note, I just learned that my great-aunt Helen passed away on July 4. She was 94 and aunt Louisa's sister. It saddens me but I know she is in much better hands.

Secondly, on a happy note, my dear friend Teresa had her baby on July 3rd. Sadie Jeane made an early arrival (she was not due till the 29th) so she was small. She weighed in at 4lbs 15 oz. Her early arrival turned out to be a blessing as the cord was wrapped twice around her neck and had she gotten much bigger there would have been complications. Everyone is home and doing well now. We are planning to go see them at the end of the month. I can't wait!!

Also, while we were in Ohio, we learned that our dear friends Rob and Arika are expecting their 3rd child in February. We couldn't be more excited and think they are a little crazy because they already have their hands full!!

Finally, I promise to post later this week about the wedding. You should know it was beautiful, the weather cooperated and I can't think of a better couple than Mindy and Doug. It was perfect!!

1 comment:

H Noble said...

Good to hear from you- I've been wondering how your trip went.

Congrats to Teresa and Brandon on their little one! Glad everyone is doing well too.

Wedding pictures, wedding pictures!!!
H

Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. --Helen Keller