Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

For Better.....or for Worse

Remember on your wedding day the excitement of finally exchanging vows. So much so that you don't really think about (as much as one should) what you are actually saying to one another. You just repeat (as lovingly as possible) after the minister and go on to your reception as husband and wife.

Then reality kicks in and you realize that you said for better (the easy part) or for worse (all those other parts you don't think will really ever come!). It dawns on you that there is no turning back.

I mention all this because we've had one of those "for worse" weeks here at the Cramer casa. Joel had day surgery on Tuesday and has been limited in what he can do. Therefore, being a good wife (because someday he will return the favor) I have done many things for him. Yes, it does get old but I keep reminding myself I agreed to this whole marriage thing. So I put on a smile and help him out.

Overall though, it is funny to think that really we have strengthened our relationship because you realize how nice it is to have someone who will stick by you "for worse". I have realized I wouldn't trade it for anything!

2 comments:

H Noble said...

Glad Joel is doing okay. He should be better by the weekend and you'll enjoy hanging out with him.
H

aimee said...

I remember when Seth had back surgery and had to lay around for 6 weeks and I was 6 months pregnant and teaching school. I had to constantly remind myself about the for better or worse! :)

Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. --Helen Keller